Friday, February 18, 2011

Music Moment II

Two concerts in one week!? I've completely lost it... or maybe I've found it, I'm not really sure yet.


This time is just as good as the last. I promise :)

1. Allred - There should be a law about how many crush-worthy factors you can package into one person, but since there isn't, it's completely impossible not to fall in love with John Allred. First off, he's not just attractive, he's beautiful, and his voice is so soft and smooth that there's no choice but to close your eyes and sway. Plus he plays his own instruments - the piano and the guitar - and happens to be one of the most genuinely kind people you've ever met. Those of you who live in Salt Lake, he's local, which adds to his sheer awesomeness. Those of you who aren't, it gives you yet another excuse to come visit.

2. He is We - The band I bought the tickets for. My roommate introduced me to them a few months back and I fell in love with her voice. There's something about her sound that is completely honest. However, I fell in love with her acoustic demo album, and her new one is good, but I feel like they've almost beefed it up too much, making it too "poppy." Which would explain her giant following of teenage girls. Anyway, in the words of my friend Eric: "Do you like the sound of angels?" Then download her album.

3. lady danville - Ho. Ly. Crap. I showed up to the concert not having a clue who these guys were, and to be honest, not really caring. But I am officially in love. Thanks to these guys I've realized I like my music like I like my men: quirky and fun. Their music is so simplistic that it allows you to feel a full spectrum of emotion. One song you feel like you're kickin it on the beach enjoying a perfect summer day with your friends, and the next you're driving down a country road, reminiscing of past relationships.

Independently they all have very different voices, but when they launch into the most flawless 3 part harmony you've ever heard, you can't help but swoon even just a little bit. Their music is fun, full of emotion, and blended with so many different inspirations that it would be unjust to box them into a genre. Plus I'm a sucker for any man who plays the drums with his hands.

Download their album ($4.95 on amazon.com), and then spread the word. There was so much awesomeness Jamee licked her own arm to apply their temporary tattoo.


The end. 

2 comments:

  1. "real men play drums with their hands" ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, but the tattoo was applied with the help of Sarah's own spit as well ;) bah haha

    ReplyDelete