Monday, June 22, 2009

Seattle

This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Seattle to see a young woman I taught on my mission and her husband be sealed in the temple. It was defintely a weekend to remember!
Thursday morning we (Aubree Healey and I) left early, and braved the 14 hr drive up with my friend Darrin and his wife Anna (Darrin happens to be a brother to the groom), and had them drop us off in at our hotel that night.
Friday, we woke up early, rented a car, and went to see the city.

The funny thing about Aubree is that while we were mission companions we discovered that God put the same brain in two bodies. We're constantly thinking the same thing at the same time, and saying the same phrases. It's amazing, and made for cruising around Downtown Seattle, very exciting. I even had my first oyster shooter. Something I care to never do again.
We also found out that Rent was on tour with 2 original cast members (Roger and Mark, in case you cared), so we of course had to go see it! However, we both managed to forget our cameras during that portion of the evening. One time when having the same brain doesn't come in handy.

Saturday was the big day for Leslie and Devin. We went early and spent some time in the temple on our own before the actual wedding. The whole experience was the most rewarding, spiritual experience I've ever had. They love each other so much, and now they're able to have a family that will last for eternity. It was a really special moment, that can't be compared with anything I've ever felt.




That night we went up with the family and partied it up at the reception. We had an early flight and my friend Rachel was taking us to the airport on Sunday, so we left early, and met up with her. Spent the whole night chatting, got very little sleep, and then flew back for Salt Lake at 7am. And I even saw Mt. Ranier peeking out of the clouds while I was on the plane. It was the perfect end to a fabulous trip! :)











No comments:

Post a Comment